Thursday, August 15, 2013

venezia {the floating city}

our stay in this beautiful port was short and sweet. we wish we could have had an extra day to explore.
among the highlights were st. mark's square and its thousands of pigeons, the gondolas, picturesque alley ways and cobblestone streets.
it was surreal in so many ways.
a little side note...for some reason some of the pictures appear grainy in blogger, you can click on the individual photos to get a more clear snapshot♥



 there were many opportunities to capture the magnificence of our boat during the trip, but i think this one was my favorite. big just doesn't describe it, more like massive.
a few little tidbits of our ship....
it is the newest member of the princess fleet
it was christened by the duchess of cambridge (the girls loved that this was princess kate's boat)
it took its maiden voyage in june 2013 which meant it was in tip top shape for our cruise
during our particular voyage there were over 5 thousand passengers and crew total. crazy right?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE Venice. It was defiantly my fav. Everything is so OLD.... its crazy! I love that one of Riley and the pigeon.

Boppy said...

Is it safe to say that Barth is the "bird man?" I say, yes.

Shannan said...

Beautiful. I love that one of Riley's face with the pigeon. Priceless!