I was surprised with her reaction once I told her where our destination would be. She was calm and seemed more interested/concerned in calming baby sister's nerves down. Yep, the word "doctor" is synonymous with "shots" for Chloe...already (smart cookie she is!). The girls waited patiently yet anxiously in the waiting room and I could tell their little tummies would do flip-flops every time the nurse called someone back.
With brave faces on, the girls made their way back to the examination room. All went pretty smoothly...at first. Temps, blood pressure, weight, and growth were all recorded by the nurse. This is always my favorite part, as I love finding out how much the girls have changed and grown. Here is where they are at:
Ella (4 years)
Height: 40 inches
Weight: 39 lbs
Chloe (20 months)
Height: 33 1/2 inches
Weight: 23.5 lbs
We ♥ our pediatrician. She was one of Barth's professors in medical school and we have since developed an awesome relationship with her...she is amazing with the girls!! While distracting the girls with tape measures, tongue depressors and pics on her laptop the next several minutes of her examination of the girls flew by. Doing good so far...Next up...shots. Yep, it was inevitable and Ella quickly volunteered her little sister to go first. Six shots and many many tears later we made it!! Yes, both girls were quite sensitive for the next hour, but all in all it was a successful event.
No comments:
Post a Comment