Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a lucky lady

(posted a day late..crazy day yesterday)

Seven years and one day ago I married the guy of my dreams. He was more than I could have ever asked for. Our marriage thus far has been an incredible journey. I didn't know what to expect when we dove right into Barth's third year of medical school shortly after our wedding. It was such a whirlwind experience, filled with lots of firsts for us both. It was a time of learning for each of us...to say the least. We learned to make the most of our time with each other (which often times was only an hour a night, if that) and we just made it work. I remember the night that Barth matched into his orthopedic residency 5 years ago...I suddenly gained the title of the "orthopedic widow", which is what I later learned is the label us ortho wives are given. Although it has been a challenge I wouldn't change one thing about the past 7 years. I have experienced more happiness then I ever thought possible and my love for my husband only seems to grow stronger with each passing day. We are just days away from his graduation, and I could not be more proud of the person and physician he has become....I am truly blessed beyond words.

Thank you Barth for all that you are to me. For bringing so much joy into my life and for loving me unconditionally. For helping me to grow in every aspect of my life. I love you more than my words will ever be able to express. Here's to many more anniversaries. I love you babe!

p.s. I love that you still give me butterflies




  

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So cute! Congrats on 7 years. You guys are an amazing couple and I love you both. Hope you had a fun day together.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! You too are darling together and have made adorable babies.

Andrea said...

I meant "two"

Andrea said...

Where are you???