Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Flower Patch

Meet my new hobby! As all of you mommies know, it is nice to have a little something to do outside of our everyday duties of changing diapers, cleaning up after the kids, making meals, endlessly picking up the toys, disciplining, cleaning the house, laundry, and did I mention cleaning?

My current task...Flower clips! Super feminine and really cute! I put tons of bows and ribbons in Ella and Chloe's hair and it can get expensive, especially when you try to find a matching accessory for all their outfits. I am loving these clips! I have made them in lots of different colors and they are really unique too. The style of clip I am using for these flowers are alligator (great for babies and kids). I am also mounting some on snaps clips as well (ideal for adults). I am looking for a good source for headbands in bulk and will soon be offering those as well.
Ultimately, I would love to utilize the potential of selling these clips to reach others in need. It is my hope and desire to start a little side business and use the proceeds to help support a mission or charity whose goal is to reach people with God's love. At this point, I am trying to determine where to sell these items. Currently I am using my girls' as little models for the clips and getting the word out that way. However, I know that this will only take me so far. Possible ideas are: Internet, boutiques, local farmer's market...I am open to any suggestions! For now I will continue to pray that God will lead the way and either open or close doors for His glory.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Hey Dooky! So here is my first comment of probably many to come :)

The picture of the girls waitin' for daddy to get off of work is so adorable, I can tell they truly love their daddy :)

Those are beautiful bows! Have you figured out the name yet? What about a verse? FYI I would like to purchase one please, they are beautiful even for older peeps like me to wear! Love you! :)

Kristi said...

Love these! So cute. You are so creative :)