Thursday, January 14, 2010

Orthopedic widow...a.k.a Ortho Wife

These were the words a lady once used to describe my soon-to-be life over five years ago...my how time flies!!

Well, it has not been the easiest of paths, but it has noneless been an amazing one...okay so it is not over just yet, but the end really is in sight. Barth will be completing his fifth year of his orthopedic residency in June and then we are on to USC!! Go Trojans!!
Why all this talk of my life as a medical spouse? Last night we hosted (our second time) 40 med-students who are all applying to get into an orthopedic residency program...it is a nervewracking and nail-biting situation to be in, to say the least. I totally felt for all these guys (1 girl) last night.  It took me back to all the emotions and unknown that Barth and I faced as a couple not so long ago. I felt like I was playing the game of 50-questions last night, trying my best to give them my advice and perspective into the lifestyle that we all face as medical families. Each day has been taken, or least attempted, in stride making the best of each rotation. Looking back it has been the best five years of my life cause I gained the most incredible little girls a mommy could ever ask for.


The "sea" of shoes in my livingroom last night

We now look forward to the move in July/August to the South Pasadena area. It will be another adventure I am sure as Barth's fellowship lasts just for a year, and then we will move once again to our final resting place(still unknown)...at least for awhile this time! Thank you for all your prayers!!

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

haha I love the one pair of highheels in the background! :)