Thursday, April 29, 2010

a first good bye

The end of residency is fast approaching. The days are filled with constant searches on craigslist and other sites for possible homes, organizing & organizing, never-ending work stuff and studying for Barth, and the constant thought in my mind that I better start packing now or else....I guess the actual move still seems kinda surreal to us all. It is going to happen whether we are ready or not, so I better kick it into high gear in the coming weeks.
The need to move always comes with good byes. We had our first good bye yesterday, and it left me realizing that this may be harder than I thought. The excitement of the "light at the end of the tunnel" is still there, but it is hard nonetheless to say good bye to people who have become such a significant part of our lives, and not just people, but "things" that are so familiar to us, things that have become synonymous with home
Our first good bye was said to our pediatrician. She has been so much more then just "our girl's doctor" over the past 4 1/2 years. Dr. Clark was Barth's professor during medical school, she was there during the first days of both Ella and Chloe's life in the hospital, she was someone that I could vent to and confide in (in regards to the "medical lifestyle") during the girl's appointment and always had a way of making me feel better, and lastly but most appreciated, she always made herself available for our girls. Appointment or no appointment she was there to answer our questions and concerns day or night...what a blessing to have a pediactrician on call 24/7 who genuinely cared and loved our girls. Here's to you Dr. Clark for all that you have been to our family!!
 

No comments: