Making rice krispy Easter nests is one of those special memories I have growing up. Of course the highlight of the event was getting to eat them, but the best part was the fun I had making them with my mom and sisters. Now that I have my own family I never miss the chance to create those same treats we made year after year...thank you mom for passing on such a fun tradition to me and my girls!! (wish I had the chance to capture some pictures of the girls, but my hands were covered in sticky marshmallow)
Easy to make:
Step 1- make rice krispy treats as directed on box of cereal (i always add extra marshmallows)
Step 2- form rounded balls and place on wax paper push down with palm and use a spoon or your thumb to mold into "nest" shape (make sure your hands are wet or the marshmallow will get really sticky)
Step 3- let the treats sit to allow the marshmallow to dry a bit
Step 4- add your favorite Easter egg treats..my favorite Robin Egg Whoppers and Hershey's milk chocolate eggs (fun bright colors and tasty too!)





No comments:
Post a Comment